Steps to apply for assistance from LIHEAP
It's easy to apply for assistance. All you need is a computer with internet access, and then follow these simple steps:
- Go on your computer and connect to the internet. Type the Web address: at virtualroma.mdhs.ms.gov and click on "PRE-APP" at the top or to the left side of your screen to start.
- After clicking on PRE-APP, click "Accept" to continue or "Decline" to stop.
- If you're continuing, enter your personal information. When finished, click "Next" to continue or "Undo" to start over.
- Provide information about your home. After entering, click "Next" to continue. If your home is all electric (no gas bill), enter 0 for the estimate of your current utility bill for gas.
- Enter the number of household members with income. If one person has two jobs, enter one and combine the income under monthly income. (Note: Do not use apostrophes to avoid submission problems. If your name or household member has an apostrophe in their name, please remove and spell name). The name entered in Step 3 is the first member of the household. Next, click the down arrow for that person's marital status. Then, identify if that person is disabled or not. Lastly, enter that person's monthly income.
- For more than one person in your household, click the plus (+) sign to the right of the monthly income box to add all members. Enter all their names and information. If a household member doesn't have an income, enter 0 for the amount. To delete a name, click the minus (-) sign. After adding everyone, click "Next."
- Your total household income and yearly household income will be automatically calculated. Then, answer "How did you hear about this program" by clicking the down area choosing how you found out about the program. Lastly, choose if you're completing this pre-app for someone else by choosing "Yes" or "No." Click on "Submit" to complete the pre-app process.
- Finally, review the household income information to make sure it's correct. To make changes, just click on "Edit" in the section. After your information is correct, choose "Submit Pre-APP" at the bottom to apply for assistance.
- Once the pre-application is submitted, a "Thank you" screen appears with information on services you may qualify for.
- Click the blue box and file. This document will have information about the different programs you may qualify for and documents needed for your appointment.
To apply for LIHEAP assistance, complete the above pre-application steps online at virtualroma.mdhs.ms.gov. To learn more or questions about LIHEAP assistance, contact your local community action agency.
Local community action agencies