Building energy-efficient electric homes
To meet growing consumer demand for energy efficiency, more and more residential contractors are building all-electric. It not only satisfies homebuyers, it has all kinds of advantages for the builder.
- Free underground service (up to 100 feet). When you have electric heating and electric water heating in your new home, receive free underground service.
- Flexible installation. All-electric means you have total flexibility in locating major appliances, heating and air systems and water heaters without worrying about pipe placement.
- Less time and effort. You can completely bypass the time-consuming steps of installing gas piping and flues, hooking up gas and checking for proper installation and venting.
- Simple inspection. Without piping and flues to inspect, it takes less time for building inspectors to pass your homes for sale.
- Fast to market. The time you save means you can have each home completed and sold faster — for a faster return on your investment.
- Easy sell. Homebuyers are alarmed by today's volatile energy prices. An all-electric home assures them of lower annual energy costs and more stable monthly bills.
Find information below that can help you in the process of building energy-efficient homes.