To help you stay informed if an outage does occur, we offer a state-of-the-art outage notification system that's designed to work with your smartphone, tablet or computer. The system will automatically send enrolled customers updates - via text, email or voicemail - about any power outages affecting you, including information about how long the outage is likely to last and when the outage has been restored.
How do I sign up for Outage Alerts on my computer or tablet?
1. Log in to your account at mississippipower.com
2. Under My Profile, select Alerts & Communications.
- Update Your Contact Information with any new information, such as phone numbers and email addresses.
- Select Edit to delete any phone number or email address and Save any changes.
3. Choose the red link to Return to Alerts & Communications.
4. Select the arrow next to Outage Alerts.
5. Choose Subscribe to sign up for Outage Alerts. Choose your preferred methods of contact - Text, Email or Voice (phone call).
Note: If you choose to be contacted by Voice, you will receive a phone call. You can enter the phone number of a landline or a mobile phone. If you choose to be contacted by Text, a mobile number will be required (no landlines). When you receive the confirmation text, you must accept the Terms and conditions to complete your registration.
6. If there are times when you prefer NOT to be contacted, select the "Do Not Disturb" checkbox under the phone option, and use the drop-down option to select the hours.
7. Save and review your information.
How do I sign up for text Outage Alerts using my mobile phone?
1. Text REG to MSPWR (67797).
2. For your security, if we do not recognize your phone number, we will send you a text requesting additional information, such as your account number, zip code, or the telephone number associated with your Mississippi Power account.
3. You will receive a text to confirm your address (which will be displayed) by replying Y to accept the Terms and Conditions. To read the Terms and Conditions, please click the link provided in the text. This will complete your registration.
You will receive a text confirming completion of your registration and providing instructions to unsubscribe if you desire to do so in the future.
What types of Outage Alerts can I sign up to receive?
There are three types of Outage Alerts: email, text and phone call. You choose how you want to be notified about power outages and specify any time(s) when you would prefer NOT to be notified (such as times when you are asleep).
How many Outage Alerts can I set?
You can set Outage Alerts for up to five people per address. For example, if you manage two addresses, you can set alerts for up to 10 people-that's five Outage Alerts per address. Note: You can set Outage Alerts for non family members, like the babysitter, gardener, friends or colleagues. The choice is yours.
How soon after an outage will I receive an alert message?
You may receive an alert message within 10 minutes of an outage being confirmed. If the estimated restoration time changes, you will be provided an update within one hour.
What information will be provided in my Outage Alerts?
Your Outage Alerts will provide an estimated time of restoration. If we know the cause of the outage, this information will be provided on the outage alert.
Can I set up a "Do not disturb" window for my Outage Alerts?
Yes. You can set up times when you would prefer NOT to be contacted about outages. This can be set up in your alert preferences. You can set up "Do not disturb" times for each person.
How can I unsubscribe from receiving Outage Alerts?
You can unsubscribe from receiving Outage Alerts at any time. Simply log in to your account and change your notification preferences. If you receive alerts by text, you can follow the prompts in your text message to unsubscribe.
When I log in to Outage Alert Preferences, there is an "Enrollment Pending" alert. What can I do to make it go away?
When you sign up to receive Outage Alerts by text, you must accept the Terms & Conditions. You should have received a separate text message that contained a link to accept the Terms & Conditions. Please check the device you used for enrollment to verify that you received this text message. Then, simply reply "Y" to complete the enrollment. The "Enrollment Pending" alert will go away.
If you cannot find (or deleted) the Terms & Conditions acceptance text, or if you have any additional questions, please call the Customer Care Center at 1-800-532-1502 or Contact Us online.
What messages can I text to MSPWR?
You can text the following to MSPwr (67797):
REG - To sign up to receive Outage Alerts.
OUT - To report an outage using your smartphone.
STAT - To check if there is a reported outage for a particular account. You can do this instead of waiting for an outage notification.
PAUSE - To stop receiving outage notifications temporarily.
RESUME - To re-start messaging for an account.
STOP - To terminate text communications from Mississippi Power. This is a permanent stop (unlike PAUSE, which is temporary stop). Once this is done, you will need to re-register to start the communications again.
STOP ALL - To unsubscribe and stop receiving text messages from all accounts.
HELP - To obtain a list of text messaging keywords and the phone number to speak with a Customer Service Representative if you need assistance.
NICK - To apply a nickname to a particular account. You may assign a nickname such as: MOM, Home, Rental, Work.