To help you stay informed if an outage does occur, we offer a state-of-the-art outage notification system that's designed to work with your smartphone, tablet or computer. The system will automatically send enrolled customers updates - via text, email or voicemail - about any power outages affecting you, including information about how long the outage is likely to last and when the outage has been restored.
1. Log in to your account at mississippipower.com
2. Under My Profile, select Alerts & Communications.
3. Choose the red link to Return to Alerts & Communications.
4. Select the arrow next to Outage Alerts.
5. Choose Subscribe to sign up for Outage Alerts. Choose your preferred methods of contact - Text, Email or Voice (phone call).
Note: If you choose to be contacted by Voice, you will receive a phone call. You can enter the phone number of a landline or a mobile phone. If you choose to be contacted by Text, a mobile number will be required (no landlines). When you receive the confirmation text, you must accept the Terms and conditions to complete your registration.
6. If there are times when you prefer NOT to be contacted, select the "Do Not Disturb" checkbox under the phone option, and use the drop-down option to select the hours.
7. Save and review your information.
1. Text REG to MSPWR (67797).
2. For your security, if we do not recognize your phone number, we will send you a text requesting additional information, such as your account number, zip code, or the telephone number associated with your Mississippi Power account.
3. You will receive a text to confirm your address (which will be displayed) by replying Y to accept the Terms and Conditions. To read the Terms and Conditions, please click the link provided in the text. This will complete your registration.
You will receive a text confirming completion of your registration and providing instructions to unsubscribe if you desire to do so in the future.
There are three types of Outage Alerts: email, text and phone call. You choose how you want to be notified about power outages and specify any time(s) when you would prefer NOT to be notified (such as times when you are asleep).
You may receive an alert message within 10 minutes of an outage being confirmed. If the estimated restoration time changes, you will be provided an update within one hour.
Your Outage Alerts will provide an estimated time of restoration. If we know the cause of the outage, this information will be provided on the outage alert.
Yes. You can set up times when you would prefer NOT to be contacted about outages. This can be set up in your alert preferences. You can set up "Do not disturb" times for each person.
You can unsubscribe from receiving Outage Alerts at any time. Simply log in to your account and change your notification preferences. If you receive alerts by text, you can follow the prompts in your text message to unsubscribe.
When you sign up to receive Outage Alerts by text, you must accept the Terms & Conditions. You should have received a separate text message that contained a link to accept the Terms & Conditions. Please check the device you used for enrollment to verify that you received this text message. Then, simply reply "Y" to complete the enrollment. The "Enrollment Pending" alert will go away.
If you cannot find (or deleted) the Terms & Conditions acceptance text, or if you have any additional questions, please call the Customer Care Center at 1-800-532-1502 or Contact Us online.
You can text the following to MSPwr (67797):
REG - To sign up to receive Outage Alerts.
OUT - To report an outage using your smartphone.
STAT - To check if there is a reported outage for a particular account. You can do this instead of waiting for an outage notification.
PAUSE - To stop receiving outage notifications temporarily.
RESUME - To re-start messaging for an account.
STOP - To terminate text communications from Mississippi Power. This is a permanent stop (unlike PAUSE, which is temporary stop). Once this is done, you will need to re-register to start the communications again.
STOP ALL - To unsubscribe and stop receiving text messages from all accounts.
HELP - To obtain a list of text messaging keywords and the phone number to speak with a Customer Service Representative if you need assistance.
NICK - To apply a nickname to a particular account. You may assign a nickname such as: MOM, Home, Rental, Work.